Naturopathic medicine is based of the healing power of nature. Naturopathy is a holistic system, meaning that naturopathic doctors strive to find the cause of disease by understanding the body, mind and spirit of a person. A variety of gentle, non-invasive techniques and treatments modalities are used to stimulate the body’s inherent healing capacity.
Healthy eating is an integral part of naturopathy. Individual diets and nutritional supplements are recommended to address deficiencies, treat disease processes and promote health. The benefits include increased energy, increased gastrointestinal function, improved immunity and general well being. Read more about Clinical Nutrition.
Homeopathy, developed in the 1700’s, is based on the principle of “like cures like.” A remedy is selected, which in its crude form would produce in a healthy individual the same symptoms found in a sick person suffering from the specific disease. Minute amounts of natural substances (plant, animal, mineral) are used to stimulate the body’s innate ability to heal, as the aim is to change the body’s energy levels that lie at the root of disease. Homeopathy is a powerful tool and effects healing on a physical and emotional level. Read more here about homeopathy (link).
Benefit from the healing power of nature and allow your body’s ability to heal itself naturally
The plant-based medicine uses herbal teas, tinctures, capsules and other forms of herbal preparations to assist in the recovery from injury and disease. These compounds are also used to boost the body’s immune system and prevent disease.
This includes the use of hands-on techniques such as soft tissue and spinal manipulation, as well as various types of electrical stimulation, therapeutic ultrasound, or heating lamps for the purpose of treating musculoskeletal and neurological problems. Hydrotherapy refers to the use of hot and cold-water applications to improve circulation and stimulate the immune system.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Naturopathy and traditional Chinese medicine share very similar standards in practice. However, there are profound differences in the underlying core view of the human body according to traditional Chinese medicine wisdom. Chinese medicine has its own very unique philosophy as to how the body works that differs with any other system in the world. Based on this unique philosophy, systematic methods have been developed to treat and prevent disease ever since ancient times. With our holistic approach to healing, your naturopathic doctor will also apply this ancient philosophy of traditional Chinese medicine during your consultation to form the optimal advice to you.
What to expect from the first consultation?
An hour consultation consists of:
○ A detailed analysis of general health concerns, personal & family medical history, all aspects of physical, mental, and emotional states currently and the past.
○ Identifying imbalances, triggers, deficiencies or excesses of particular nutrients in organ systems, stress management, and sleep cycle.
○ An holistic approach and analysis on diet and lifestyle parameters and hopefully finding the root cause to improve health and well-being.
○ If required, an appropriate physical examination and/or diagnostic testing to identify further the causes of conditions or imbalances in the body.
○ Treatment entails specific nutritional protocols to support and manage particular conditions in the body. I.e. Personalised diet plans, supplement prescriptions, etc.