What is Chi Nei Tsang (Internal Organs Massage) ?
Chi Nei Tsang is a Chinese term for an internal organ Chi massage which helps release stress and promotes healing by using massage techniques directly over the navel and surrounding abdominal area where stress, tension and negative emotions accumulate and congest.
What CNT can help?
- Effective in the treatment of digestive problems, such as irritable bowel syndrome and bloating and constipation
- Eliminates toxins in the gastrointestinal tract and promotes lymphatic drainage.
- Recycle and transform negative energies that obstruct the internal organs and cause knots in the abdomen
- Revitalizers the energy in the Navel Center.
- Help the skin, lymphatic system, and organs handles the overload
- Balance the energies to a state that is equal and harmonious by clearing the toxins and tensions from all the organs
Balancing Emotions (Abdominal Brain)
CNT prevents the mind from hiding and masking the curbed emotions. Increase awareness and allowing yourself to experience anything that comes up allows you to get back in touch with yourself.
Traditional Chinese Medicine believes that certain organs are related to emotional activities, i.e. the heart is related to joy, the liver to anger, the spleen to pensiveness, the lungs to anxiety and the kidneys to fear. The emotions are considered the major internal causes of disease in TCM.
In CNT, different contractions of intestines correspond to undigested emotions. Whether through anger, illness, or fear, as pressure built and stimulate the nerves, muscle will tense up and stimulate the sympathetic nervous system causing more contraction in the system. As a result, the muscles, nerves, lymph and blood vessels contract into knots. These knots pull on other parts of the body, causing more contraction and pain.
CNT aim to find area that is loose and relaxed and work there, extend the relaxed area to surrounding of the knots, and then untying the knots allows release of these trapped emotions.
Navel Center (Tan Tien 丹田)
When Chi can flow freely in the center of the body, energy can move easily and powerfully, assuring good health, rejuvenation and longevity.
The Navel Center, in the West it is known as the second brain or Enteric nervous system and the Taoist regard as the “Tan Tien” (丹田).
The Navel Center is there you can unify your body, mind, and spirit. This is the body’s forceful Chi Energy Center. If there is any blockages, or stagnation, then there may not be sufficient energy to feed the organs and their energy systems fully.
Organs have a self-healing ability, as does the rest of the body, when blood and Chi are able to flow powerfully and abundantly
CNT helps the skin, lymphatic system and organs to handle the overload. Once the toxins is eliminated by work, the new toxin enter to the body can be removed quickly and efficiently.
Traditional muscle massage or stimulating the organ’s reflex points is like using remote control to try to correct a problem that demands hands-on attention. In CNT, you work directly on the organs themselves.
The primary concern is in balancing the energies to a state that is equal and harmonious by clearing the toxins and tensions from all the organs allowing organs to be able to tone and balance themselves.
“When the mind goes, the Chi goes; where the Chi goes the blood goes; where the blood goes, the lymph goes; where the lymph goes, the muscles go; where the muscles go, the tendons go; where the tendons go, the bones go.”
- Chi and Blood are the fundamental circulating energies in the body
- Everyone in good health can heal. The healing ability means having a powerful life-force.
- Organs have a self-healing ability, as does the rest of the body, when blood and Chi are able to flow powerfully and abundantly.
- Emotional tension is expressed in the way you breathe. The establishing good breathing patterns and insuring the body’s ability to eliminate anything it does not need to carry
- Each internal organ has a particular emotion associated with it. By working on the particular organ and tonifying it, you can release the emotion.
Words of Caution
The practice of Chi Nei Tsang is not intended to be used as an alternative or substitute for professional medical treatment and care.
It is not recommended that you undergo Chi Nei Tsang if
- You are pregnant or if you are menstruating.
- You have an IUD (intrauterine device).
- You had an operation within the last 6 months.
- You have been diagnosed with cancer or vascular abnormalities, such as thrombosis or a severe case of varicose veins.
- You have a fever.